- Floating information assistants
- Provides info to patrons of Canada Day to advise of events and times
- Hands out Canada Day flags, pins and other product supplied by Heritage Canada
- Extra eyes on site for reporting issues that may require security’s attention. They are not to be used for anything but reporting.
Note: In the spirit of Canada Day, we encourage people in this job area to wear ethnic clothing as it fits to promote our diverse nation.
- Provide first response to medical emergencies
- Part of any emergency plan
- Document any treatments, no matter how small, for reporting purposes
Note: A Regina EMT will be onsite to assist in the co-ordination of First Aid Services. St. John’s Ambulance will be onsite.
Entertainment - Stage Support:
- To support stage management as needed.
- Duties are general and tasks will be assigned as determined by stage management. This will not include any work on the physical stage, but backstage responsibilities only.
- Includes back stage clean up.
Event Support - General:
- To assist event organizers in running the event. Duties vary, but they can range from serving cake at the opening ceremonies, working at the choke points we are blocking off for the site. This label also covers the staff that will man the volunteer check in tent.
Event Support – Fireworks Security:
- Fireworks security will be needed only towards the end of Canada Day. The duties include manning choke points and ensuring limited traffic in the area where fireworks are detonated.
- To assist in the supervision of various apparatus that are deployed for children at the event site.
- To assist in any other children's activity as needed.
- All volunteers in this area must submit to a records check before being approved to work in this area. (Record checks can be done for free at the Regina Police Service headquarters located at 1717 Osler St.)